Children’s Minister joins key speakers at CoramBAAF’s 40th anniversary reception on 14 December
Published: Friday 11th December 2020
Ahead of the Government’s imminent review of the care system, CoramBAAF is hosting an event on Monday 14 December to hear from key figures across the sector and care-experienced young people themselves on what the review needs to do to make life better for young people.
The event marks the 40th anniversary of CoramBAAF, which throughout its history has been at the heart of the debate on how we support the children and young people in care and has played a leading role in shaping adoption and fostering policy and practice in the UK.
Vicky Ford, MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families, will be joining the event alongside the following speakers:
- Jenny Coles - Director of Hertfordshire Children's Services and President of the Association of Directors of Children's Services
- Carol Homden - Chief Executive, Coram
- John Simmonds - Director of Policy, Research and Development, CoramBAAF
- Shelly Reed, Shabnam Karimzada and Thuy Ly-Chambers - Coram Voice Care Experienced Consultants
- Linda Briheim-Crookall - Head of Policy and Practice, Coram Voice
The event takes place online, 5.30-6.45pm on Monday 14 December and you can register to attend at corambaaf.org.uk/what-do-we-want-childrens-care-review-corambaaf-40th-anniversary-reception
Find out more about CoramBAAF’s 40 year history at coram.org.uk/news/corambaaf-celebrates-40-years-shaping-adoption-and-fostering-policy-1