Coram Review 2014
Coram, the first children’s charity, has been creating better chances for children for more than 270 years. During the past year, the Coram group of charities helped more than a million children, young people and families
Coram's 2014 Review presents our main achievements to date, includes first-hand accounts from those who use Coram’s services, and explains how we plan to continue to give children better chances in life, making a change that will last a lifetime.
We need to raise more than £200,000 every week to continue our work.
- Coram works with more than 13,000 children and parents every year through adoption, creative therapies, parenting and young people’s programmes.
- Coram Life Education provides health and drug education to more than 850,000 school children each year, helping them to develop critical thinking, address risk and make responsible choices.
- Coram Children’s Legal Centre helps more than 155,000 children and parents by protecting children’s rights in the UK and worldwide.
- Coram Adoption is successful for 99% of children placed with our adoptive families.
- 94% of parents say their child’s emotional well-being improved after attending our Creative Therapies.
- 93% of Key Stage 1 pupils say Coram Life Education helped them think about drug and alcohol risks.
- 86% of Child Law Advice Line callers need no further help from state provided services.
- 86% of children and young people who receive Coram Voice advocacy support get the result they wanted.
- We need to raise more than £200,000 every week to continue our work.
|Publication Date||Monday 9th December 2013|