This report summarises the findings from the responses of 474 16-25 year-old care leavers, who completed the Your Life Beyond Care survey in six local authorities in England.
It gives an insight into how care leavers really feel about their lives.
- 96% said they trusted their care worker
- 85% said they have a good friend compared with 90% in the general population
- 92% said they have someone who listens to them
- 86% feel involved in their pathway planning
- 88% of children in care say they always feel safe where they live compared with 63% of care leavers
- 80% of care leavers have access to the internet compared with 91% of the general population