Who we are
Coram International is a research institution and consultancy specialising in a wide range of issues relating to children’s rights, staffed by a dedicated core team of child rights lawyers and socio-legal researchers.
Coram International has over 25 years of institutional experience working on international consultancies in the field of child rights, having completed projects in over 94 countries worldwide. We have worked with organisations including UNICEF, UNDP, Plan International, IPPF, Save the Children, DFID, WarChild and CARE International amongst many others.
Coram International is an integral component of the Coram Children’s Legal Centre (CCLC), an independent, registered, UK charity which works in the United Kingdom and around the world to protect and promote the rights of children through the reform of law, policy and practice. They also provide direct legal assistance to young people, parents and professionals.
What we do
- At Coram International we seek to defend and promote human rights, specifically those of children and youth
- We provide professional support to local, national and international governments and organisations seeking to improve their commitment to upholding children’s rights
- Our team regularly documents, reports and publishes research on the implementation of child rights worldwide, and we work with partner organisations in designing projects to combat these issues
- Our consultants have a wealth of expertise in child rights law and policy, research, monitoring, evaluation, training, capacity building, project design and implementation
- We specialise in the following thematic areas: child justice, violence against children, child protection systems, education, disability, child rights governance, gender equality, harmful traditional practices, sexual and reproductive rights, armed conflict and counter-terrorism, youth and adolescence and justice for children
How we work
Rights based approach
At Coram all of our projects are grounded in a human rights based approach, with conventions such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child providing a baseline from which our consultants work. It is the right of those affected to have their opinions taken into account, so we regularly seek to include the children, parents, guardians, and professionals directly affected to provide input.
Working in partnership
Coram International works in partnership with local, national and international organisations, governments and other stakeholders to best promote and defend child rights.
Sharing our expertise
We provide training, capacity building, resources, support and consultancy services.
Coram International specialises in conducting qualitative and quantitative research including situation analyses, improvement‐oriented evaluations and assessments, gap analyses, analysing trends, identifying barriers and bottlenecks. We produce effective, context‐appropriate recommendations for reform, action plans, strategies and programming to ensure children’s rights.
Where we work
countries worked in across the globe
consultancies and individual projects
of expert consultancy
Explore our work
Find out more about our important work and projects and the impact they have by visiting Coram International’s dedicated website.Visit the Coram International website