At Coram-i, we share expertise with local authorities and other agencies, using a data-led approach to deliver better outcomes for looked-after children. Through our pioneering improvement work and long-term partnerships, we provide support to local authorities, ensuring they are better equipped to achieve permanency for looked-after children.
How we help local authorities
We are committed to helping vulnerable children have the best possible chance to live a fulfilling life. We work with local authorities that want to improve how they deliver children’s services. We offer a range of consultancy services that help local authorities to:
- achieve better performance against government scorecards and Ofsted inspection judgements
- develop innovative solutions to intractable problems, in partnership with other local authorities and private sector partners
- gather young service users’ views to inform service development
- increase staff productivity, satisfaction and effectiveness
- reduce resources spent supporting looked after children as a result of earlier permanence placements
- access more accurate and timely management information
- increase service-user satisfaction
- progress complex cases
We support local authorities to strengthen their work in adoption, fostering and special guardianship arrangements. We offer a range of services including consultations; support and coaching; embedded working within a team; and service management, delivery and integration.
How we work
We employ a data-led approach to analyse performance and identify areas for improvement, using our specialised improvement framework and diagnostic tools. We also draw on our experience of improving the lives of children to shape and deliver solutions.
Our unique multi-skilled teams of practitioners include social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, analysts and other professionals. This means we can tackle problems on several levels, enabling us to determine the nature and scale of problems and effective solutions.