Coram, the first children’s charity, has been creating better chances for children for more than 270 years. During the past year, the Coram group of charities helped more than a million children, young people and families
Coram’s 2014 Review presents our main achievements to date, includes first-hand accounts from those who use Coram’s services, and explains how we plan to continue to give children better chances in life, making a change that will last a lifetime.
We need to raise more than £200,000 every week to continue our work.
- Coram works with more than 13,000 children and parents every year through adoption, creative therapies, parenting and young people’s programmes.
- Coram Life Education provides health and drug education to more than 850,000 school children each year, helping them to develop critical thinking, address risk and make responsible choices.
- Coram Children’s Legal Centre helps more than 155,000 children and parents by protecting children’s rights in the UK and worldwide.
- Coram Adoption is successful for 99% of children placed with our adoptive families.
- 94% of parents say their child’s emotional well-being improved after attending our Creative Therapies.
- 93% of Key Stage 1 pupils say Coram Life Education helped them think about drug and alcohol risks.86% of Child Law Advice Line callers need no further help from state provided services.
- 86% of children and young people who receive Coram Voice advocacy support get the result they wanted.
- We need to raise more than £200,000 every week to continue our work.