Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon 2021
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual one-day fundraising event on the planet and it’s now set to be even bigger with a chance for people to complete their marathon challenge locally through this virtual event offering.
This means charities like us will be able to raise even more vital funds for our cause.
We would love you to run in support of Coram, joining up to 50,000 runners up and down the UK – and across the planet. The 2021 Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 3 October and you will have 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the 26.2 miles, which you can choose to run, walk or jog – making the event the most inclusive London Marathon ever.
A special tracking app for your smart phone will be provided to log your 26.2 miles, provide you with exclusive audio commentary and ultimately earn the coveted Virgin Money London Marathon finisher medal and New Balance finisher T-shirt.
Registration fee: £20 – early bird reg fee £15
Minimum fundraising: £250
By taking part you will receive:
- Regular support and advice from a dedicated member of the Challenge Events Team
- Official VMLM running number
- Exclusive New Balance finishers t-shirt
- VMLM exclusive Finishers Medal
- An invitation to join the Team Coram WhatsApp group, for regular training advice and fundraising hints and tips
- Personalised certificate of thanks from Coram
Get creative with your 26.2 miles!
Taking part in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon, means you can do things your way and get creative with your challenge!
- Complete each mile with a different running buddy by your side, sharing your challenge with a support network
- Get dropped 26.2 miles from home and run back to a hero’s welcome
- Get together with a group of friends to walk the 26.2 miles together
- Create a running route that visits the homes of friends and family so they can become your fuel stops
Points to consider:
- Entrants must be 18 or over on Sunday 3 October 2021
- All 26.2 miles must be completed on Sunday 3 October 2021
- Runners are responsible for their own nutrition and hydration during the event
- Participants need to observe the current government guidance on social distancing during the event
- The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon app, powered by TCS, requires the participant to enable GPS to track their 26.2 miles
- Tracking information will be used to produce the individual certificate unique to the participant
- All participants will be asked to upload proof of their time and official results will be published
You can Visit The London Marathon website for a comprehensive lists of FAQs for participants. Alternatively, if you have any questions please contact our Challenge Events team on 020 7743 7976 or email us.
|Date||Sunday 3rd October 2021|