One-to-one reading support tailored to each child
Coram Beanstalk supports children aged three to 13 years with trained reading helpers to improve their reading ability and confidence
The children we help may have fallen behind with their reading, lack confidence, or struggle with their fluency, comprehension or vocabulary. We recruit, train and support volunteers to provide them with consistent, one-to-one literacy support.
How Coram Beanstalk changes lives
Our one-to-one reading support changes the child's life by:
- Improving their reading ability
- Inspiring confidence in their own ability
- Increasing their enjoyment of reading
Coram Beanstalk reading helpers are trained to recognise what challenges each child faces and to tailor their sessions to support each child.
Each Coram Beanstalk-trained reading helper works with on average three children and provides consistent support on a weekly basis, for a whole school year. Together, they read, play and talk.
With Coram Beanstalk's support, the child's approach to reading and learning is often transformed:
- 97% of schools say that Coram Beanstalk's service saved their staff's valuable time
- 96% of schools would recommend Coram Beanstalk to other schools
- 94% of schools say that Coram Beanstalk reading helpers enabled them to offer one-to-one support to children that would be difficult to provide otherwise
- 98% of schools agreed that their reading helpers helped children to improve their enjoyment of reading
- 99% of schools agreed that their reading helpers helped children to improve their confidence
- 97% of schools agreed that their reading helpers helped children to improve their attitude to reading
Coram Life Education
Promoting positive behaviour, mental and physical health, wellbeing, resilience and achievement in primary schoolsCoram Life Education