This safeguarding policy and associated procedures set out Coram’s commitment to ensure that the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk is paramount.
It is a key principle for the Coram Group that children or adults at risk are kept safe and prevented from suffering harm. All Coram Group staff members and volunteershave a responsibility to do all they can to safeguard and promote the welfare ofchildren and adults at risk with whom they come into professional contact.
The Coram Group approach to safeguarding children or adults is based on theprinciples recognised in the Children Act 1989, the United Nations Convention onthe Rights of the Child, the Human Rights Act 1998, the Care Act 2014, and the EqualityAct 2010.
The overall aim of the Coram Group safeguarding policy and procedures is to safeguard children and adults at risk. Specific objectives are to:
- Provide staff and managers working with children and young people with theinformation they need in respect of safeguarding
- Guide staff as to steps they should follow when they have safeguardingconcerns in respect of a child/young person and /or adult at risk
- Inform staff as to what might happen after they have reported a concern andof continuing responsibilities to safeguard children or adults at risk after referral
- Assist and support decision making when there are concerns about the safety and welfare of a child or adult
- Assist staff and managers dealing with cases where there are reported potential safeguarding children and adults at risk concerns about the actions of other staff members